Thursday, November 19, 2009

11.19.09 - "value creates obligation" - Dean Sherman

a Darrell Hill workshop that I took photos for inHawaii Jan 2009

This past sunday was the best church service I seriously have ever been in. It was so evident that God was in the room with us and so sweetly revealing His love. Pastor Rick preached a simple message about our worth and value because we were made in the image of God. He made a bold statement that I agree with that if you take out Genesis chapters 1-16 out of the bible (the creation story) then humans are stripped of their worth.

Simply put, we have value because we were made in the image of God, no other created thing was.

Rick taught about the value of art, and said that these three things make a piece of art valuable.

1. The ARTIST is what makes the piece of art valuable
2. The UNIQUENESS of the piece of art
3. A BUYER

He related this to us as humans. ALL humans are valuable because we were ALL created in the image of God and the artist who created us is pretty amazing. We are all so unique. And we were BOUGHT at a price, a very expensive price, the blood of Jesus.

These seem like such simple facts, but sit and dwell on them for a while and ask God to make them a reality.
JIM baker

2 comments:

  1. So I was thinking tonight about how cool God is. I think when He's doing things around the world, you see it start popping up all over the place. And I think it's cool that within the last three weeks, Rick, and you, and I have all emphasized on the value of an individual. I don't know which one of us had the idea first, or if we all had it all along (possibly the case considering we all care about people and people finding value in Jesus), but we've all emphasized on it in one way or another. And, to my knowledge, it had nothing to do with us talking to each other. I mean, I haven't even been around PF too much lately. My blog came out of a deep conversation I had with a friend who was feeling unwanted and unloved. God is just sooo cool. I just thought it was cool that there was a theme going on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's good at speaking the same thing to His people in seasons huh? Makes me realize we're not all insane haha...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...