Monday, April 2, 2012

What I learned in one month of consistent blogging.

Jess crossing the finish line of the 2011 Erie marathon.  

In the month of March I set out to blog consistently.  And I can very proudly say I did exactly that.  Here is what I learned along the way... 


Blogging is hard work.  
Hard work is relative of course, I would much rather be sitting here typing into a screen than carrying bricks up a hill or running a marathon.  In the past two months I’ve written about the why and the how of blogging.  But for it to actually take off, it has to be met with some hard work to get it going and keep it going.

But that hard work pays off.  According to Blogger stats:

In January of 2012 I posted 0 blog posts and had 127 pageviews. 
In February I posted 4 blog posts and had 810 pageviews. 
In March I posted 14 blog posts and had 1677 pageviews.  

I guess the real test will be to see if April's page views are much higher than March or not.  Here's to more consistent blogging!  

Engage:  What is stopping you from starting a blog?  Or what is stopping you from blogging consistently?  Let us know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes my posts feel mediocre. I don't like feeling like I'm wasting people's time with my posts. I'd like to get to the point where every time I blog, people would read and enjoy and be better off for reading. You know. Like people would actively seek to read the blog and be like, "wow".


    But I've been having a lot of "meh" days. I don't think I've posted in a week or so. Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach,

    After you commented I spent some time reading through your blog. You've got A LOT of good things to say! You've got a voice that needs to be heard.
    I don't think every post we write can be gold, but being consistent, gives people an opportunity to be continually invited to hear what you have to say. Do you ever go to a blog because of one thing and spend a while clicking on other blog posts that they have written because you were interested in what they had to say? Thats how I look at blogging, each post is an invitation to dig deeper.
    Plus when we blog consistently we're practicing and honing our craft of communication, pushing us closer to the "wow" factor.
    Check out my post on blogging reinforcing your message that I wrote a week or so ago --> http://bit.ly/H23uKa

    ReplyDelete
  3. True true.


    Actually, your post kicked me into gear after a week of not blogging and I posted a new one last night. I need to get a network of people around me that will yell at me when I don't blog. I'll start with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, sweet man, I hope these posts have served as a kick in the rear for some people... I know I'm going to need someone to return the favor someday down the road :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...