Monday, April 30, 2012

3 Tips On How The Bakers Get Over A Cold

This past week Jess and I killed about 5 boxes of tissues, here's 3 empty boxes.

I apologize for only one blog post last week.  I was sick in bed for most of the week.  Here's how Jess and I get over our colds... 



1.  Neti Pot!  - Yup, you either love it or hate it but between Jess and I we poured over a gallon and a half of distilled water through our nostrils this past week.  

What's a neti pot?  It's a small pot that allows you to pour water in one nostril and it comes out the other.  

I just looked on youtube to see if I could find a video to show you but I shall spare you, and I sure am not recording a video of myself.  Neti potting is an intimate thing, I always make sure the bathroom door is closed and locked.  

We both really feel like this speeds up the healing process.  It keeps things moving OUT of your nose. 

***Make SURE you use distilled water, there was a few cases of people getting some brain eating bacteria or something by using tap water.  

2.  VITAMIN C!  - We use the powdered kind that you can buy from the health food store.  I toss about a teaspoon into a mug and mix it in water and take this 3-5 times a day.  

3.  REST!  -  I stayed in bed a lot of last week, just allowing my body to heal.  When we are resting our body can heal the best.  I feel like if you don't rest while you are sick, your body takes longer to heal.  

Jess' bonus tip would be that she loves spaghettios when she's sick as her comfort food.  :)  

Engage:  What do you do to recover from a cold?  Let us know in the comments!  

2 comments:

  1. All your talk of snot going out of nostrils has now made me sick.  

    You have to FEED a cold.  You also have to Feed depression.  You also have to eat a lot when you're celebrating.....wow I eat a lot.

    Lots of fluids.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take Vitamin C as soon as I begin to feel sick, and if I have any, some form of Echinacea to give my immune system a little extra help. LOTS of water, hot tea, and juice... And OF COURSE chicken noodle soup, but preferably home-made. I make sure it has lots of carrots, onion, and garlic in it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...