Thursday, October 22, 2009

10.22.09 - vision and on the run again

jess' eye

When Woody Woodson was here speaking he spoke so much on vision.
"You can't receive it until you can see it."

We are having a ministry fair at our church this weekend (Jess and I will be in NYC for a friends wedding) but as I was preparing a dream list of needs for volunteers, I began to see these things taking place. I saw our sanctuary filled with teens. I saw small groups forming in peoples homes providing a place for teens to be transparent and real and form real healthy relationships and encounter Jesus.

Mike Montes has been working with our staff and has been trying to prepare us for
when we add another zero to our number. Making sure that we have a framework in place that will be able to support that change. I feel like we have this season until 2010 to get ready and get prepared, to get a foothold and then watch out we're running forward.


We're headed out to Ohio in a little bit here to go to Jess' grandfathers 90th birthday party. We had a great time with my grandparents last night. We spent some time doing some photography together. My Grandma is a digital photographer you can see some of her work here.

I'm actually off to go get that hair cut that I was talking about yesterday but never got because I canceled it.

blessings,
JIM baker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...