Monday, November 25, 2013

Leadership Tip: Vision Leaks

I hung out with Jeremy Bardwell only a couple of times, but I remember him teaching me so much in the short time we spent together...


Something Jeremy said, when we were walking home from a coffee shop one day, keeps coming to my mind.  I think he credited this quote to his mentor Andy Byrd.  

"Cast vision OFTEN, because vision leaks."  

This is really good advice.  We think because we've got a grasp on something, that the people we are communicating it to are going to also full comprehend it, whereas most likely, they aren't even going to remember you saying it.   

You've probably heard the statistic that says people have to hear something 7 (or is it 13?) times before they really start to even really start grasping it.  

Repeat, repeat, repeat.  Cast vision, cast vision, cast vision.  

Are you leading people?  Remind them over and over again why they do what we do and why it's valuable. 

Engage:  Why do you do what you do?  How are you inspiring others to do similar things?  Let us know in the comments.

I know I blogged about this about a year ago but ya know what?  It's worth repeating :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...