Friday, November 30, 2012

A Month Of Self Portraits and Jim Got A Place To Live

Day 26 of 365 

As you might know Jess and I started taking a self portrait a day starting on November 1.  We are almost to the end of one month and only 11 more to go!  

You can follow our 365days project here.  

In other news, I took a team down to Waikiki on Tuesday, I feel like its been forever since we've been down there.  I sat and was talking to Tony with one of my students.  Tony told us like 3 jokes while we were there.  He thanked us for coming around.  

Tony mentioned that "Spider" got a house.  I was trying to figure out who spider was.  

Soon after that Jim came walking up, and it clicked. Spider.  Jim had shaven, had a giant smile on his face and was walking with a lady that was pushing his walker for him.  

December 11th will be our last outreach to Waikiki with this school.  It's cool to have a happy ending to the nine months that I've spent a few times a month on the street with Jim.  

You can read about one of my last run ins with Jim here.

I've had a pretty solid day today, but was struggling in the beginning of the week.  Some days are good and some days are not.  I guess that's life.  

3 more weeks and then we're boarding a plane to cold cold cold Ohio.  I need to buy a pair of jeans before we do that.  

Engage:  What's on your mind?  Leave me a comment about anything.  It can be something about this post or something completely random.  A digital high five for a joke that will make me laugh out loud.  

4 comments:

  1. I went back to read the couple blogs about Jim and what a exciting ending to your journey with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a good ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had pumpkin cheesecake and am about to do some photo editing.  haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds LEGIT. They had pumpkin cheesecake at one of the places we ate thanksgiving but I never ate any because I was so stuffed. What are you using to edit?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...