Friday, June 7, 2013

Jess Completed Her First Week Of Teaching!

Jess teaching the book of Ephesians!

My wife is a rockstar :)  She's finished up her first week of teaching...


Jess taught the book of Ephesians to the Chronological Biblical Core Course (CBCC) that is running right now.  

On Monday morning Jess taught on the historical background of the book.  (She didn't want me to go to her first lecture because she thought it would make her nervous.)  But she let me come to Tuesday's lectures where she went verse by verse for chapters 1-3.  Then Tuesday night she held a workshop to help the students "chart" the book.  Charting is just the system that the bible schools here at YWAM use.  Por ejemplo... 


I'll do a whole other post on the Inductive Method that we use someday soon.  But quickly, above is an example of a vertical chart.  It involves paragraph titles, short summaries, observations, interpretative questions and answers, themes, and timeless truths.  The above chart is just for the first twenty verses of 1st Timothy. 

Then Thursday morning she taught them the rest of the book by having them read some of the passages and make observations about the text.   

Jess did an awesome job.  The CBCC students are an amazing group.  I got to spend some time with the one male student this week, we went out to lunch.  It was so refreshing to hear the story of how his life got completely changed during his DTS and now what God is showing him through his study of the scriptures.  

This past week was interesting.  It totally threw me off of my regular groove, because I was sitting in some of Jess' lectures, and also covering some of her reception desk hours.  It was a productive week relationally but I didn't feel like I got done much of what I wanted to get done.  But this past week was a great reminder of why we do what we do.  It was great to interact with some of the students and hear what God is doing in their lives.  We're blessed to be able to pour into a group of twenty-somethings who are hungry to know more of who God is and to change the world.  

I know Fridays are suppose to be my bible posts... but uh... I was not very consistent at bible reading this week at all.  

Engage:  Leave Jess some love in the comments :)  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...