Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Answering the questions: Why did you start a blog and what's your blog about?

Oahu | 2009 | 20d 

As promised, in last Friday’s post, I told you that I’d answer the questions that I posed to you about the WHY of blogging.  So here we go...


What was it that got you to start a blog?  

I’ll answer the reason why I restarted blogging recently.  It was two fold: 

1.  I was INSPIRED by listening to Michael Hyatt’s podcast on blogging. 

2.  I needed to do a better job of communicating what is going on in our lives with family and friends.   Since we’re in a new exciting chapter, I thought this was an appropriate time.  

What is your blog about?  Sum it up in 1-2 sentences.  

1.  Our blog is a personal blog to share what we’re doing and what is going on in our lives.  

2.  Our blog is also a place to share what we’re learning and what we’ve learned as we’ve tried to be obedient in following and serving Jesus.  

I feel like we’re offering our readers a place to stay connected with us.  And I also feel like we are offering and will be offering people insight from our lives as we’ve served Jesus in various contexts and cultures.  We hope that this will serve as a resource and encouragement to anyone that is trying to follow Jesus and walk out their Christian faith.  

Engage:  Do you think this blog is fulfilling its intended purpose?  What else do you think this blog provides?  Let us know in the comments.  

2 comments:

  1. Although not it's main goal, your photography still pays a part in your blog as well. And with such beautiful shots of Hawaii how could it not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...