Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2 lessons I learned while driving around in the rain | Part 1

taken in Kona in 2009 

This morning two very important lessons were reaffirmed in my life through normal every day occurrences.  Today I will share one, and Friday I will share the other.  

It was sprinkling this morning when it was time for my Wednesday morning walk with my buddy Mike.  My initial thought was we should just brave it and walk, it wasn't raining all that hard.  And then I remembered, the path that we take is about 2 miles out and back.  A light sprinkle adds up over time.  We would probably be drenched when we finished our walk.  I didn't want to go to my next appointment soaked, so we just hung out instead.  It made me realize this: 

Little things have a LARGE impact over a long period of time.  

This works both positively and negatively.  Throwing a little bit of extra money into your savings account will add up greatly over time.  Whereas, drinking one more soda a day could surprise you with a few more pounds than you wanted.  

On a personal note:
Here's to vulnerable blog posting.  I went to the doctor yesterday... there's some things I need to work on.  I was aware of them, and its obvious what I need to work on if you know me.  I need to lose a lot of weight.  Losing weight will bring my blood pressure and my cholesterol down.  I realized as the doctor was talking to me that this aspect of my health really IS in my control.  If I get down to an average BMI I can reduce the risk of a lot of serious illnesses.  Pray for me :)  

I didn't get to this weight overnight but I can make little changes that over a long period of time that will lead to a large impact.  



Engage:  What are some of the little changes you have made in your life that have had a big impact over time?  What are some changes you need to make?  Let us know in the comments.  

jim baker 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings freοm Los angeles! I'm bored at work sso I decided to browse your blog on my iphone dduring lunch brеak.
    I love the info you present here and can't wait to
    tazke a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how fast yoսr blog loaded on myy celll pҺone ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, great Ьlog!


    My ԝebpage: buy views

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...