Wednesday, July 21, 2010

07.21.10 - the rest of the trip

Ashlynn Mary Koenig - 1 month


So we left Memphis and headed straight to Atlanta to visit Jess' sister, her husband and their brand new baby girl! This was Aunt Jess' second time seeing her brand new niece but my first. She's ADORABLE!


Then we headed over to Hilton Head to visit my parents. My sister Jeannie was also visiting with her daughter, we grabbed lunchand hit the road to Ft Lauderdale FL. We listened to a time share presentation so that we could get our "free cruise" and boarded the boat to the Bahamas with my parents.

our cruise ship was called the "Bahamas Celebration"


We went on a snorkel tour in the Bahamas and Jess took this EPIC pic with the G11 and the wp-dc34 underwater casing. I was trying my best not to drown. I wish I still had the snorkel I bought in Hawaii, it actually WORKED. It started storming just as we left the dock in our boat, and by the time we got out to the reef it cleared up but the water was still choppy. My mask was leaking so I was just having a hard time doing anything. I handed the camera to Jess and she got some great pics.

The cruise was fine, being in Grand Bahama for such a short period of time was strange. I would have liked to see a bit more of the island before we had to get on the boat.

After we docked back in Ft Lauderdale, we drove back to Hilton Head. Then I headed to my oldest sister Jennifer's house in Candler, NC. There I got to spend some time with my sister and my 2 neices and nephew.

Sammie, Scott and Eryka

my oldest sister Jennifer.

So all in all 2 weeks, 4000+/- miles through 13 states, 2 countries, using 2 cars, and a ship. And great times with family and friends.

JIM baker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...