Wednesday, August 22, 2012

5 Questions For Your Good Idea

Grand Opening of Charity's Closet in Savage, MD.  


I'm a starter, I like starting things, I like dreaming big… 

I'm good at starting things, not always great at finishing.  The older I get, the better I want to finish.  

There is a lot of encouragement right now to jump in and just go with your good idea.  To not allow fear stand in your way and to not let your dream be shelved.

While I agree… I also have seen way too many good ideas die out.  Most of them dying due to a lack of good planning.  So yes, your idea is a good one, but before we jump, let's ask ourselves these questions.  

1.  Why?  
Why is this good idea needed?  Why are we going to invest time, effort, and resources into changing something?  

2.  What is the end goal of this good idea and what steps do I need to take to achieve the desired outcome?  
If everything works out perfectly what do I want the result to be? How do we get from where we are now to where we want to be?  

3.  How do I communicate these expectations and steps to the team I will be working with?

4.  What can I learn from other people that are doing similar things?  
Are there any mistakes or road blocks that I can avoid by talking to them?  What other resources could I be learning from?

5.  If this is a one time project, how can we make sure it's a success?  If this is an ongoing project.  How can we ensure that this project will have longevity and continue to be successful?


Engage:  What other questions should we be asking before we take the start?  Let us know in the comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...